6.11.2008

My Husband is my Hero!


This morning I woke up to an unexpected surprise... breakfast in bed! I felt just like a princess. My sweetheart Jason woke up early (like 6am early) to venture out to Smiths and buy ingredients for what I must describe as some of the very best scones I have ever had in my life! Now, I am a big fan of scones, so that is saying something :) These scones were big and fluffy with the perfect amount of sugar and the perfect texture... I'm talking Emigration Market hot out of the oven-like scones! They were awesome! I think that my husband is well on his way to becoming something of an expert chef! (I am hoping he picks this up as a new hobby ;)) Anyway, it was so cute! He brought the scones (dusted with powdered sugar) in on a tray with a glass of orange juice. I am telling you, that is the right way to start the day! This entire breakfast in bed was warranted by the fact that I almost died of fright last night. Seriously. I was minding my business, just working on a crossword in bed, when I glanced up and out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving slowly and smiling, definitely creepy. Now, obviously I knew it was human and reason would think that I would quickly know it was Jason (I didn't get a good look, but duh!) but unfortunately for our neighbors my fear reflex was too fast and I let out a good loud scream immediately followed by an onslaught of tears. Looking back it is funny but at the time I was terrified! It was SO scary! I think that that is the most scared I have ever been of another person in my entire life! Jason compared my reaction last night to that I have had on the Rocket at Lagoon (that ride is NOT what fun is, folks). Jace loves to try to scare me all the time and last night he finally accomplished his goal! Hahaha... So, that is just a funny story and I want to let everyone know that I am seriously considering opening a scone stand on the corner of Wymount and 9th, to capitalize on Jason's newfound talent! (Just kidding :P)

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

I'm glad Jason tries to treat you like the princess that you are. Next time he scares you hit him in the stomach and he won't do it again.

Jeanette & Larry said...

Dear Liz, I have the upmost compasion for your being frightened of Jason's looks. He always was our ugliest child. We thought no one would take him off our hands looking so hideous and all. Then you came along to save us. Thank you for sparing us from screams in the night when he might be coming into our bedroom. Love from a grateful mom and dad.

Whitney said...

SO FUNNY! Hearing about it in person was good, but I liked the imagery you have here. I'm glad he made it up to you. Good job Jason :D.

Unknown said...

Lizzy, just found your blog and i love it! How have you been!! It has been way too long, but i'm so excited you have a blog too... I'm going to add you as a link on our page if that's alright!! hope to see you around
lindsay redd hogan

B. said...

Mrs. Allen!
Why didn't you tell me you blogged? Goodness, I love you and I LOVE THIS STORY!!! Jason- you are too hilarious!!! Seriously, that is SO funny.

Xoxo.